Installation of plant factory
Installed at 12 locations in eight prefectures (Hokkaido, Yamagata, Miyagi, Fukushima, Chiba, Tokyo, Kanagawa, Mie and Kochi) andproviding technical assistance to Japanese Antarctic base Showa Station Selling to hospitals, etc. for ornamental purpose.
How vegetables are grown at the plant factory is shown on the official website of Japanese Antarctic base Showa Station “Showa Station NOW!!!”
- March 27, 2008 Installed vegetable cultivation equipment
- May 3, 2008 Started shipment of fresh vegetable
- February 17, 2009 Vegetable cultivation
- April 18, 2010 Vegetable cultivation
Marubeni Corporation, Kajima Corporation, Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., Showa Denko K.K., Panasonic, Sankyo Frontier Co., Ltd., Daikin Industries, Iwatani Corporation, Toyo Valve Co., Ltd. and others
Established local company “Mirai Korea” in Korea.Currently expanding into China, U.S.A., Southeast Asia, and Middle East.
- Installed a plant factory at Japanese Antarctic base Showa Station, National Institute of Polar Research (October 2007)
- Joint research with Chiba University
- Joint patent application with Chiba University
- Chiba University plant factory demonstration, exhibition and training project by the Ministry of Forestry, Agriculture and Fisheries of Japan
- Non-profit organization Plant Factory Association of Japan (PFAJ)
- Laboratory of Vegetable Science, Faculty of Horticulture, Chiba University